how can you help the board services committee?
You can take minutes at meetings, help set up venues for board meetings, help plan Leadership events, or help us find people interested in board positions. This can take just a couple hours of your life (or more if you have time), but is so helpful!
mission of the board services committee:
The charge of the advocacy committee shall be to empower our members by promoting art education throughout the state of Minnesota and beyond.
board services committee work includes:
Arranging meetings including:
- Lodging/transportation options
- Taking minutes
- Organizing minutes
- Distributing minutes to board
- Archiving the history of the organization
Acting as liaison to distribute information between
- Board and membership
- AEM and NAEA
Tracking leadership data including:
- Committee membership
- Board and committee contact information
Leadership training, including:
- Leadership training events
- Keeping board members current on relevant leadership issues
Parliamentary procedures, including advising the Board about:
Join this committeeBack to Top
- Established procedural matters, as related to Roberts’ Rules of Order Newly Revised
- Operations of the organization, as written in the AEM Constitution and Bylaws
- Operations of the organization as written in the AEM Job Descriptions and Policies
If you can run a classroom or plan a party,
board services is for you!
to join the committee today!